Title: *How to Increase Your Motivation*
A process that initiates, guides and maintains action.
A reason for taking action or behaving a certain way.
An inspiration for accomplishing something.
It’s important to recognise that motivation changes depending on what you value most
and the situation. You have the power to change the expectation you put on yourself
and how you feel about the tasks at hand – in order to increase motivation. Past
experiences, beliefs and even your culture influence your motivation. There are two
types of motivation: intrinsic and extrinsic.
When you have low motivation you feel stuck and sometimes frustrated with what life
has dealt you. You’re usually not working towards a life you love, but instead might
complain about the life you have. With low motivation you tend to think your
weaknesses define who you are, rather than realise that you can grow and learn.
When you have high motivation you make choices and take action to create what you
want in life. For instance, if you wanted to work in a certain industry you would seek out
the resources and gain the knowledge you needed to get a job in that industry. With
high motivation you tend to have a natural interest in what you do; and if the natural
interest isn’t there to begin with you create one to keep yourself motivated. You seek out
ways to build your weaknesses into strengths and are eager to move through setbacks
and failures – you see these as ideal learning curves. And with high motivation you
recognise that your actions make positive changes… so keep moving forward.
****Your *Live Life Passionately* - Worksheet****!
1. What do you really want to achieve?
2. What value will completing this goal add to your life?
3. What would happen if you don’t achieve this goal?
4. When do you see this goal as completed? Is this possible?
5. How will achieving this goal positively change your life and lifestyle?
6. Does this goal align with your top values? how? why?
7. What actions and thoughts could you change to help you be
more motivated towards achievement?
8. How do you feel about your goal?
9. How can you generate more positive emotions towards your goal?
10. Write down 3 ways you can get more passionate about achieving this.
At our regular fellowship support & recovery group meetings, we discuss ways
of working out what our goals are; and simple but in-depth tools for motivation
when depressed that really work; even when you can't get out of bed.
To find out more or join us please visit our site here:-
THE *DEPRESSION SUPPORT GROUP
THE *CHRISTIANS VICTORIOUS FELLOWSHIP
Posted by Rev.Bola