Saturday 15 May 2010

'The Divine Gift Of Trees'




 Title: *ABUNDANT*/Acryl - from set painted by Rev.Bola




'Mother, I can feel you under my feet, mother I can hear your heart beat'.

The fact that trees were here on the planet, long before humankind arrived on earth;
 actually makes them in my view, our Spiritual Elders.
I am in awe of their magnificense and splendour.
 I have learnt so much about silent contemplation and meditation by watching and gazing at trees. Trees seem able to 'see' without eyes, to 'hear' without ears, and to 'speak' without uttering a physical sound. For me, trees have a way of being fully present, and yet most unassumingly.
 Some of my favourite trees include the coconut tree and the palm tree.
Trees give us so much, while asking very little in return, other than our mutual respect. even as I gaze around my home right now, I am in awe of just how much love and support I have received and continue to receive from trees in my daily life. There is hardly an item in my home that does not contain some part of a tree in it; from the very bed I sleep in to my wardrope, and dresses, from the wall paper to the frame around my mirror, the floor boards of my entire house, and the lovely paintings on my wall. The contribution of trees to my single life alone is everywhere. It is quite impossible for me to imagine life on earth without the input of trees.
Trees are great healers too, and one of my favourite natural remedies is Tea Tree oil, which has powerful antiseptic properties. There are also a number of flower essences in the Bach Flower therapy collection which are produced from trees, that have literally helped change my life and raised my consciousness level, which I would not be without. They include ELM remedy from the elm tree, which gives one Confidence and stability to manage large areas of responsibility. Great for those in a leadership role. ELM symbolises ease of responsibility and accountability, and is great for those times and situations when one may feel overburdened or weighed down by tasks. Another great flower remedy is produced from the OAK tree.
 The essence of OAK gives strength and support to forge ahead, when one is feeling tired or worn out from a persistent course of action. OAK tree remedy gives one the resolve and ability to battle on despite obstacles, and provides strength to the physically or mentally weary. Then, there is the wonderful CRAB APPLE tree remedy, which is a great intuitive, and personal aura cleanser, and PINE tree remedy, which is excellent for releasing a conscience burdened with guilt. For those who like their independence, or need more of their individuality to shine forth, then the essence of WALNUT, from the walnut tree is a great natural remedy, and CHESTNUT BUD essence is excellent for college students and learners, as well as those who want to learn the lessons of life by experience.

In Genesis Ch2 v 8-9, of the Holy Bible, we see that along with Adam, God made to grow out of the ground, every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.....which God told Adam not to eat of, although he was allowed to eat of every other tree but that one.

Further on in Genesis, we see that it was that very tree, the fruit of which was so enticing to the first man and woman, which via the serpent, set humanity upon this Realm of Duality, experiencing the polarities of Good and Evil, of which he is now engaged as a learning experience. Without the tree, there would not be the fruit. And without the fruit, there would not be the experience of this dualistic reality which humanity is now participating in. So one can conclude that on a deeply conscious level there is a divine purpose and sacred connection between the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Man, and the Spirit of Tree, which every human-being can be privy to.

Naturally, I get very enthusiastic when I talk about trees, and the Grace they exude; and
I humbly ask their forgiveness, for the ways we as humans, have taken them for granted.
I pray God give us the Grace and Wisdom, to relate to trees, with all the mutual respect,
 benevolence and admiration that they truly deserve.

Today, I give gratitude for the SPIRIT in all Trees and for their many blessings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


 by Rev.Bola A. (copyright: 30.April.2010)



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: